This is one of my summer favorites. Its fast and easy and makes a delicious next day salad. Enjoy and let me know how it turns out! Make it your own and add other veggies like grilled zucchini, asparagus, or carrots.
Makes 6 mini tacos or 3 regular sized
½ lb medium shrimp – peeled, cleaned and tails removed
Dry Rub: 1 teaspoon each (I use Penzey spices)
6 mini corn tortillas
6 whole red leaf lettuce (any kind will work)
1 small Lemon – juice only
½ cup Cilantro – chopped
8 – 10 Cherry tomatoes – halved
¼ cup Spring onion (or scallions) fine chop
1/3 cup Queso fresco – crumble just before adding
1. Combine all of the rub ingredients.
2. Coat shrimp evenly and let sit while preparing salsa.
3. Make Salsa
4. Skewer shrimp- not too tight
5. Place tortillas on top rack of grill and brush with a small bit of olive oil. Flip over and repeat. Remove when – about 3 minutes.
6. Grill shrimp on high heat for 3 minutes.
1. Chop avocado and squeeze lemon juice to keep avocado from turning brown.
2. Add and combine all ingredients except the Queso Fresco cheese. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add your sea salt and taste again in five minutes. Let sit while finishing shrimp
3. Just before serving, gently combine crumbled cheese.