Red Quinoa and Pioppini Mushroom Bowl
- 2 cup cook quinoa
- 2 cups pioppini (or brown mushrooms)
- 2 cups Kale flowers (or baby kale)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 2 eggs – whipped
- 2 teaspoons toasted pumpkin seeds (or almond slivers)
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Olive oil to sauté
Salt and pepper to season
- Sauté mushrooms in olive oil until tender and caramelized – medium/high heat.
- Add minced garlic, kale, and cooked quinoa and pumpkin seeds, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium, clear a small opening in the center of the cooked veggies and add the whipped eggs. Let them sit and gently push to one side and then the other until they are firm
- Add basil and parsley and mix all veggies and eggs together. Season with salt and pepper
- Serve in a bowl and drizzle with a bit more olive oil and grated parmesan cheese.