Serving for one fabulous person – YOU!
Spinach is loaded with antioxidants and benefits eye health, and helps reduce blood pressure – and it’s low calories (23 calories for 3/5 oz) and delicious! The wild rice and almonds give it a nice crunch and will satisfy your protein cravings.
- Fresh spinach
- Cooked wild rice
- Chopped Jicama
- Dried cranberries
- Grated zucchini
- 1 Chopped hard-boiled egg (or tofu)
- Toasted almonds
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon champagne or white balsamic vinegar
- Squeeze of lemon (about ½ teaspoon or more if you like your dressing tangy)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon (or basil)
- 1-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In the bottom of a bowl large enough for all salad ingredients, combine mustard, vinegar, lemon, salt, and tarragon
- Place all salad ingredients on top
- Drizzle with 1 or 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss with gusto. Check seasoning and adjust to your liking.