This is a terrific mid-week easy and fast meal. I use a combination of some type of protein with additional protein from cheese, veggies, and even fresh fruit. The pizzas freeze great and can be thawed in less than 30 minutes. They make an easy on the go lunch. Throw an over-easy egg on top and you’ve got brunch! Use any leftovers that may be in your fridge or pantry and create your signature combination. Here are three of my favorites. Measurements are up to you!
For all Pizzas
- Heat grill on medium high heat.
- Brush the naan with olive oil. This will help to keep the naan from getting soggy and infuse the naan with a bit more flavor. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
- Place the ingredients on the naan and place the naan on the upper rack. Close lid and check in 5 minutes. After about 10 minutes move to the main grill rack and finish grilling until golden and crispy – about 3 – 5 minutes.
Drizzle with olive oil and optional herbs and serve. Optional fresh herbs: marjoram, basil, peppermint, thyme.
- When in season, I always have a side of shishito or pardon peppers. Grill them the same as the veggies in the Chicken and Veggie Pizza recipe.
Chicken and Roasted Veggies Pizza
- Chicken breast – organic roasted chicken from Whole Foods is a good use of leftovers for this pizza
- Sliced grilled zucchini – any of these are delicious: eggplant, broccoli, cauliflower
- Grilled mushrooms – shitake, oyster, trumpet, pioppini, or button
- Fontina and Parmesan cheese
- Italian Parsley – chopped
- Slice the mushrooms Toss in olive oil and a bit of course sea salt. Place on a grill pan or sheet of foil on medium high grill and grill until crispy – about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Slice zucchini and grill the same as the mushrooms. I like to slice them about ¼ inch thick.
Prosciutto & Kale Pizza
- Plums – sliced
- Prosciutto – thin sliced
- Provolone cheese
- Kale – chopped thin
- Place chopped kale first on naan, then prosciutto, cheese and finish with the plums. This will let the kale cook more evenly because it is incased in the other ingredients. Placing the cheese on the prosciutto — since it is cured meat– will keep the prosciutto from getting tough or dry.
- Tomatoes – heirloom are just now in season and make a meaty juicy addition however, any type of tomato will work.
- Buffalo mozzarella cheese — or regular mozzarella
- Thai basil and purple basil — green basil on its own is the classic basil used and delicious — Thai basil gives it a bit more pop!
- Cracked pepper