Don’t hassle with the cheese order, just make it with the cheese inside. Less mess, quicker and oh so yummy! Kids like it simple, if you can get them to eat a whole wheat bun, great- but if they insist on white, make it organic.
Makes 4 burgers or 20 mini appetizer burgers
1 lb ground turkey thigh meat
2 Tablespoons organic ketchup
1/4 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup Monterey jack cheese, grate
2 egg yolks
sea salt and pepper to your taste
4 whole wheat buns
Make it classic with romaine lettuce, ketchup, mayo and mustard. Chop tomatoes with scallions and pepperoncini for a quick salsa.
1. Mix all ingredients except turkey. Once blended, add turkey and incorporate completely.
2. Pat into 4 – 6 patties
3. Cook on medium high grill, flipping once. Depending on the doneness of the meat and heat of the grill, cook time varies but usually to get a medium-well burger this size it takes about 6 minutes each side.
4. After the burgers are removed, place the buns directly on the grill until scored (black marks from the grill).
- Making the patties as early as the morning of use is okay as long as you keep them in the fridge.
- Brush the grill with a bit of canola oil just before putting the burgers on, this will keep them from sticking
- If pan frying, use a non stick pan and no additional oil. Cook on medium covered for about 5-7 minutes each side.
- Some variation: mix the KMM (ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise) together in equal parts; it makes a great tasting spread.
- Add the juice from both lemons. Let gently boil over medium high heat until the consistency of syrup — about 10 minutes. Add peaches and coat with the syrup.
- Remove from heat and let sit at room temp for at least 1 hour. If making the day before, briefly heat the sauce before serving.
To serve: heat the peaches just a bit and pour over the orange cups. Garnish with the remaining orange zest.