You know those days when you feel out of sync and one action tumbles into another and before you know it nothing seems to be going right. You can’t concentrate at work. And the family is in a state of bicker and barking. What can you do? SHIFT YOUR FOCUS and by doing so, you will SHIFT YOUR ENERGY.
Meditation is a simple and effective method that will help you change the direction of your day. Why? Because what we pay ATTENTION to is what we CREATE and in meditation, we use our conscious imagination to redirect our unconscious thoughts.
The below 3-Minute Meditation will help you reboot your energy and shift your focus. And most likely, when you shift, circumstances around you will begin to change, or at the very least, your reaction to the same situation will most assuredly be different.
Find a Comfortable Position
Feet Flat on the Floor
Hands lightly and gently resting on your lap
Relax your shoulders and close your eyes
- Begin by taking slow deep breaths.
- Bring your awareness to your nostrils and the feeling of the air on your skin as you inhale and exhale.
- Just focus on that part of your body for 5 inhales and exhales. Air to Skin.
- With you next 5 breaths, image a flowing wave of golden light, warm and soothing, moving through your body, beginning at the top of your head.
- With each INHALE, imagine this golden light moving downward.
- With each EXHALE, release any tension, worry, or fear and exhaling out of your body and beyond.
- Continue this breathing as you move the golden light from the top of your head, down into your throat, chest, abdomen, hips, legs, feet, and out the bottom of your feet connecting you with Earth.
- You begin to feel a sense of relaxation and calm as you connect with the stability of Earth.
- Take 5 breaths
- Continue to breathe another 5 cycles. Bringing more calming and stable energy into your body and consciously releasing any feelings of concern or frustrations.
- Using your power of imagination, you will allow yourself to feel a pleasant, warm, and relaxing sensation throughout your body as you begin to breathe at a rhythmic and relaxed pace.
- Your Centering Statement: “Today I choose to See and Focus on What I Desire”
- Repeat this statement 3 times.
- Take a cleansing breath and reboot your day.