Don’t wash your roasting pan when you have finished cooking your vegetables, poultry or meat. What is left in the pan is the essence of flavor just waiting to be made into a delicious sauce. Not only that, your clean up of your pan will be so easy and fast because all that dried stuff on the bottom of the pan will be gone! Here is an easy technique and always a sure way to add flavor to any dish.
Yields 1 cup
- Remove your roasted vegetables, poultry or meat and set aside
- Place your roasting pan on the stove top over med high heat. When pan juices begin to sizzle, pour about 1/2 cup or white wine and let it sizzle while scraping the pan stickies with a spatula. Add a bit more wine or turn down the heat if the wine evaporates too quickly before you have time to remove all the sticky stuff. Let it reduce to the consistency of thin syrup; add 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock and let reduce by half.
- Reduce to 1/2 cup liquid for a lovely glaze for your entrée
- Toss with your favorite pasta along with some parmesan cheese.
- Add a bit of whole milk or half and half to make a delicious cream sauce
- Add pureed Pan Roasted Root Vegetables for another rich creamy, low-cal sauce